Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas!!



So, being December 31st I feel as if I should post about Christmas before the new year!

Like always Christmas was crazy around here. On Christmas Eve we had Christmas with one set of nick's grandparents and the rest of the extended family. If you remember my separation anxiety post a couple days ago, we saw it in full swing here. Kayden was asleep and I passed him to one of Nick's aunts while I ate. Well, he woke up while she was holding him and seemed to be fine. She turned him around and he was facing me on the couch but I don't think he actually saw me. He was just staring at one of Nick's younger cousins and then all of a sudden let out the LOUDEST scream I have EVER heard come out of the kid. There was no warning, it was just a sudden scream. I obviously jumped up since I have never heard that scream before and as soon as I got in his face to where he could see me he was fine. The beginning stages of separation anxiety... i think so. Then we went to Centerpoint Church with Nick's parents for their Christmas Eve service. It was a great service but a rough one since we were all missing little Avery. I, however, do not have any pictures of this because my camera battery was dead and when I charge it it only holds for about an hour so I am patiently waiting for my birthday to get a new camera battery :) I know his mom has a couple though so no worries, it was documented :)

Christmas Day we started at my parents house in the morning and opened gifts with Audrey. It was so much fun with her this year and I can't wait until next year when they will both be older! She enjoyed taking the paper off and playing with her presents. They were both spoiled with all the toys they got!




We then went over to Nick's parents house where we celebrated Christmas with his family and other set of grandparents. Yet again, I have no actual pictures of this but I know his mom does :) There we were yet again spoiled. Nick's mom bought everyone in the family a pair of TOMS. Even Avery and Kayden! I CAN NOT wait for Kayden's foot to be big enough to wear them. I think they should fit in the next couple months. Don't worry, the first time he wears them there will be pictures! Avery, yet again, was not with us so it wasn't the most joyful Christmas but we can not wait until we get to see him again and actually celebrate Christmas with him. I was reminded that Christmas does not have to be on December 25th, but we can celebrate it whenever the family is together. I can't wait for him to open his presents from us! I think he will love them. I can't wait for next year when Avery and Kayden will both be together for Christmas and both be old enough to really enjoy unwrapping presents!

Christmas night we went down to Paige and Jeremy's house where Audrey got to play with all her new toys and Paige made lamb. I don't think I have ever had lamb before, and she had never made lamb before but it was DELICIOUS! definitely a meal worth having again!! Audrey also had her "all i want for christmas is my auntie" shirt on so of course I have to include a picture of that :)


The day after Christmas we went to my grandmother's house and had Christmas with my mom's side of the family! This is always fun since there are so many people! Kayden did great! I was a little concerned since it was a lot of people that he doesn't see a whole lot but we didn't make the mistake that we did at Nick's grandfathers house so we didn't have any freak out sessions! :)



That night my dad's side of the family came over to my mom's house and we had Christmas with them.





Last but not least mommy and daddy had Christmas with Kayden. We had every intention on waking up Christmas morning and doing it before we went to my parents house, however Kayden slept for a long time that morning and before we knew it we needed to leave. We knew he wouldn't remember this Christmas so I wasn't upset about not getting to do it on Christmas morning.

We had a ton of left over babies r us gift cards from when Kayden was born so we decided we would go get him toys and wrap them up for Christmas. We got toys he could play with now and some for when he gets older since his birthday isn't until September.







No comments:

Post a Comment