Saturday, July 31, 2010

Nesting

I am less than 2 months away from my due date and nesting has started to take place. This weekend I have cleaned the entire house and have done so much stuff in Kayden's room. I can't actually believe how much I have done especially in there! However, doing it all in a day and a half has really taken it's toll on me physically so hopefully I will be able to keep up with just picking up after ourselves so I won't have to do the whole full out cleaning again. I have also cleaned out my car and vacuumed, washed the windows, cleaned out the trunk, etc. My car was pretty dirty because I am really bad at keeping it clean so that was a whole other project in itself but I am glad it is done and hopefully will stay clean before baby comes!

I believe it has finally hit that tomorrow is August, and that means that in 31 more days it will be September... the month I am due! Nick and I have both been working hard in Kayden's room to make sure things are coming a long in there and so that we do not have to do it all right before he comes. It looks like on Monday we will be finishing the decorating on his wall. We have the letters up but we are wanting to put the design that is on his bedding onto the wall on each end of his name and one big one underneath it. Then all we will have left is to hang the picture frames above the dresser (whenever that comes in... hopefully within the next week)and then continue putting things away from baby showers. Our house is so little that it hit us once we started bringing in all of the things from our first baby shower that we will have to make sure we are just putting things up right after each baby shower... otherwise we will get REALLY overwhelmed with everything! So as of now everything is in it's place from the last baby shower and then we have 2 this weekend that we will be putting things away for. Luckily, we have planned to have all of the baby showers done before September so that we have time to make sure everything is in place and that we have everything that we need before Kayden comes.

On Facebook I asked mom's to put their input in on what the things were that I needed to make sure I already had at home for the first weeks that Kayden gets here. Luckily I got a lot of responses. I'm going to make my list here so that I don't lose it and can refer back to it once it gets closer to time. If anyone has anything else to add feel free!!
Boppy Pillow (and multiple covers)
burp cloths
mylicon drops
blankets (swaddling blankets also miracle blanket)
medela lanolin breast cream
itzbeen timer (which we got from our first baby shower... thanks lauren!! ) :)
different pacies in case he doesn't like a certain one
swing
bouncy that vibrates
glider (also already have!)
pinxav (diaper rash cream that is apparently really good www.pinxav.com)

2 comments:

  1. Just something to consider: the pacifiers that they use in the hospital (Soothies) are more likely to cause orthodontic problems, like buck teeth. I know this from personal experience because my pacifier was a Soothie and my teeth were a buck-toothed wreck. Also, a friend of ours works at a daycare and parents are constantly complaining about the negative effects that this pacifier has has on their kids teeth and gums because they basically take the form of the rounded nipple. When I heard that, I dropped those pacis like it was hot and we use the Nuk orthodontic. It may not be legit, but I didn't want to take a chance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds good! we have some of those but i really do like the orthodontic kind. I'm hoping not to use it much but want to have it here just in case. I'm also planning on weaning him off early from the paci and trying to get completely rid of it by the time he gets his first tooth. I just really want it for those early stages when they want to suck on something but aren't hungry. Good to know though... i am more of a aesthetic person and don't really like the way the hospital pacis look anyway.. yeah i'm weird :)

    ReplyDelete