Wednesday, November 17, 2010

2 month stats!



At Kayden's 2 month appointment (yes a week ago... i'm a little behind) he weighed 10 pounds 12 1/2 ounces and was 22.5 inches long. He's in the low percentile for weight (our pediatrician doesn't do percentiles but I found a percentile calculator online) but I kind of expected that, especially for his weight since he was only 6 pounds when he was born. He's just going to be tall and skinny.... but we already knew that would bet he case as he really didn't have much choice.

He also had to get his first round of shots. Poor thing! He screamed when they gave him the shots but he was fine and smiling once they were over... before Nick even picked him up. I couldn't handle watching so I sat in the chair away from the action and then went over there when they were finished. He took the shots like a champ... mommy on the other hand did have a tear or two roll down her face. I just couldn't handle hearing my baby cry like that in pain. I know it's for the best though!

The night of the shots however was a bear! The pediatrician told us not to give him tylenol unless he runs a fever or is extremely fussy as studies have shown tylenol to interfer with vaccinations. He slept for most of the time after his vaccinations, but when he woke up he screamed and screamed and screamed. There was nothing I could do to calm him down and he would barely eat. I decided to give him some tylenol as this qualified to me as extremely fussy. Less then 10 minutes later he was back to sleep peacefully. The next morning, he woke up his normal happy self! Thank goodness!

I'm already dreading the 4 month shots :(

Kayden's 2 month letter will be up shortly... it's in drafts right now as I'm not completely finished with it :)

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe how big our boys are getting! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did the same thing holding off on the Tylenol after Cora's 2-month shots, and boy did we regret it! She slept for a while after her shots and then woke up screaming! She wouldn't eat very well either. When we tried to give her Tylenol, she spit up, so we weren't sure how much stayed in her system and had to wait 4 hours to give her any more. Poor thing seemed to be in extreme pain every time she moved. We started giving her Tylenol right before her shots after that. :)

    ReplyDelete