Sunday, March 21, 2010

Names!!

I think we have finally decided on names for the baby. The boys name was so easy for us to come up with. I have a grandfather who passed away about 10 years ago and I really wanted to name our boy after him. My grandfather's first name was Bruce and I really couldn't find a way to use it that I liked, but his middle name was Kay. I think just having Kay is kinda girly but I have always liked the name Caiden. I was going to spell it with a C but recently heard of someone spelling it Kayden. I absolutely loved it and it incorporated Kay. My other grandfather passed away almost 4 years ago and his name was James, along with my dad's middle name being James so we have decided to go with Kayden James if we have a boy.

The girls name really has no significance. I ran through a long list with Nick of different names but he didn't like any of them. He kept saying he wanted something long. I have always liked the name Bella Grace, but I really didn't think he would go for it so I just never said anything. I told him since I picked out the boys name he could pick out the girls name and left it at that. When I brought the subject back up the other night he said he really liked the name Isabella. I then said, how about Isabella Grace, and then we can call her Bella Grace. He said he wanted to call her Isabella (he can't stand when people are called by their middle names too but whatever!!) and I said that's fine but I'm calling her Bella Grace. I think he will eventually end up calling her Bella Grace anyways :)

So there we go, either Kayden James or Isabella (Bella) Grace. We may be finding out the gender sooner than expected as my sister in law offered to pay half for a gender scan at Baby Belly. They do the gender scan as early as 16 weeks, which is only 2 weeks away instead of 6 weeks away if I waited for the 20 week appointment at the doctor's office. The thing I love about this place is that if they are wrong, you bring in the birth certificate once the baby is born and you get a full refund, and if they can't tell if it's a boy or a girl when you go in, then they will schedule you another appointment a week later. I really think I'm going to do it because I'm dying to know and it's not all that expensive. I think I just really want to know because I keep hoping for a girl since all boys run on the Cooper side of the family, however I would be happy with either :)

1 comment:

  1. Cute names! We had a list of names for boys and girls, then the night before we found out her gender, we came across Waverly. All of our girl names went out the window! Haha

    ReplyDelete