Sunday, March 14, 2010

We're Having A Baby!!

On January 19th, I was feeling a little off. We had just gotten back from a trip to Gatlinburg with the middle school and high school students. I was absolutely exhausted all weekend, but just thought that I was getting too old for that stuff :) I had also just started student teaching so getting up early was wearing me out also. I really didn't think much of it but decided to have Nick pick up some pregnancy tests from Wal-mart while he was picking up some other things. Neither one of us really thought it would be positive, and I actually wasn't even planning on taking the test that night. Nick begged me to just go ahead and take it, so I did. It says on the box that you are supposed to wait like 2 minutes to read it, but we knew in a matter of 30 seconds that we were pregnant. It was the most surreal moment of my life. I just walked out of the bathroom with this shocked look on my face and just held the test up for Nick to see. It was probably the weirdest feeling ever also. I mean now you know that you have this thing growing inside of you and I just didn't really know what to do. We were super excited though, and decided I would call the doctor the next day to figure out what the next steps were.

No comments:

Post a Comment