Sunday, March 14, 2010

Symptoms

I swear I have every single pregnancy symptom that a pregnant woman could possibly have... even the ones that I didn't even know existed, which means they really aren't that common. I'm not going to go into detail about those though because most people would really rather not hear about that :)
Pretty much the day that I turned 6 weeks pregnant, morning sickness hit. And it continued every morning. I would wake up and immediately start feeling sick. It was very difficult with student teaching, but luckily I never really felt sick during the day. In the evenings I would start feeling bad but very rarely did I get sick. If I did get sick in the evenings it was because I was thinking too much when I took my prenatal vitamin and choked on it (I'm horrible at taking pills!)Finally, this past week the morning sickness has decreased quite a bit. I can't say it is completely gone but I do feel better in the mornings, and I don't dread getting out of bed because I know I'm going to get sick 5 seconds later anymore (even though I do dread getting out of bed just because I'm still so tired!)
Exhaustion has been with me since day 1. I have always been a person who could lay down at any given moment and sleep for 12 hours. I LOVE sleep. However, I noticed that I definitely could not make it through the day without feeling like I was going to fall over dead from exhaustion. I would come home from teaching and immediately lay on the couch the rest of the night, and then go to bed around 9 or 9:30. During the school day, I remember sitting at my desk and just thinking about how I wanted to go to sleep and I couldn't wait for the school day to be over so I could do just that. I'm still pretty exhausted, and I still have to go to bed around 9 or 9 30 but I'm starting to be able to not take the naps during the day. Hopefully I will eventually get all my energy back so I can finish cleaning this house!

1 comment:

  1. Prenatals made me gag (and almost throw up) because I felt like they were "melting" in my mouth and it was a HORRIBLE taste. If that's the case with you, ask your doctor about getting vitamins that are coated. Mine gave me Duet DHA; they're two pills, one vitamin and one DHA, but it was much easier for me to take two than the one that melted in my mouth. Also, keep crackers by your bed and when you get up in the morning, eat a few before you get out of bed. It didn't work for me because I wasn't much for eating, so I just sucked it up and dealt with the sickness; however, I would throw up once and feel better. Anyway, just some ideas.. :) but if you're like me, you already knew all that!

    ReplyDelete