Tuesday, August 3, 2010

More Progress





Nick and I have had this lamp since before we got married. I saw it at IKEA when I was doing some shopping for our apartment. At IKEA they had this lamp painted teal with polka dots all over it and I absolutely fell in love with it. You had to do the design yourself but I bought it thinking we could do that and put it in our living room. 2 years later we are just now taking it out of the box. We decided to do brown, white, and teal stripes on it to match the valance and Kayden's bedding. I think it's going to turn out to be pretty cute when it's done, but man has it been a pain in the butt. My dad and I painted the top stipe the first night just to make sure that I would like it and to make sure the process would work. We had to put painters tape around the stripe we were doing and then cover the whole thing in newspaper. Then, paint the stripe, let it dry for a little bit, take all the newspaper off and the painters tape. It took about an hour for one stripe (not including complete drying time which is 24 hours.) Luckily I liked it but we had to wait a day before we could do anything else since we would have to cover the brown up again in order to do the blue. Tonight we realized that we could tape all the blue stripes and put newspaper in between so that we could do all of one color at the same time. So we got the blue stripes on there and tomorrow we are going to complete the brown stripes. We had to document the process so that when Kayden gets older he will see how hard we worked to make his nursery beautiful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment